God is at work around the world spreading the saving news about Jesus’ death and resurrection, bringing people into His kingdom through His word, growing His church and equipping us for His glory. He has also given us the amazing privilege of being involved in some of what He is doing.
Partnering with our CMS link missionaries is a great way that we can do that together. Good support can be vital in assisting them to persevere long term.
Here are some ways we can care for them:
- Sign up for prayer points via the links on our church website: jannalianglican.org.au/overseas-partners/
- Put Missionary info cards in a visible place reminding you to pray.
- Pray with a friend or family member so you can support one another to pray regularly.
- Pray for ministry overseas with your Bible study group. This can also help the group gain a bigger picture of what God is doing globally.
Caring for those in secure locations is a bit more complicated. The overseas mission team can advise you on some of the things to be aware of and ways that you can be involved.
- Send an email to encourage our missionaries that you are praying for them.
- Adopt a missionary with a few others or as a Bible Study group. Keep in touch with your missionary family regularly. Receiving a birthday card can be a great encouragement to those so far from home.
- Support the Missionary Christmas Presents collection so that our team can organise gifts on your behalf.
- Visit CMS Summer School. It is a unique Katoomba conference that goes for a whole week each January. Why not plan to attend even just for a day? It can be a great way of meeting and encouraging those who are back on deputation.
- Join the Overseas Mission Team and be a part of our church wide group who are keen to support mission and assist others to do that as well.
- Regularly give to CMS. Their website is cms.org.au/nswact
- Support our yearly POP UP shop for Mission.
For more information contact the Overseas Mission Team:
Barry & Berlinda Steele, Carolyn Woods, Caleb Woods, Carol Gilbert, Clair Parkes, Di Brand, Jennie Gilbert, Leonie Russell, Lesley Marks and Sarah Skuthorpe.