Jesus is the ultimate Superhero! He has great powers and came into the world to rescue us from danger and take us to safety.
This was the message of our Superhero Kid’s Club held over the 3 days leading up to Easter.
Each morning included:
- A friendly welcome and time to play in the yard
- A parent cafe with free coffee and an interview with one of our church members
- Singing, skits and fun to reinforce the memory verse – Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners. This saying is true and it can be trusted. (1 Timothy 1:15)
- A talk from Sarah Fitzpatrick covering each of the three big ideas – danger, rescue and safety.
- Activities including games, craft (eg. making flextangles, painting stones that told the story of Easter), construction, and an exciting ropes course.
- Morning tea provided by church members
The holiday club was a team effort. Along with Leah Gorring (our children’s minister), the leadership team included both regular children’s ministry leaders, and other adults from across our congregations. These dedicated servants were pleased to use their own holiday time to help connect the children of our area with Jesus. Many others were also involved in catering, preparing activities, praying diligently, inviting neighbours, etc.
Here’s some feedback from one Mum: I just wanted to say a huge thank you for such a fantastic 3 days for my girls and the other kids who came. My girls have loved coming and can’t wait until our next Kids Club. They have learnt the memory verse and keep reciting it. They loved the Jesus Stones and love to tell me over and over what each stone means. This afternoon they have even been playing ‘Kids Club’ in their imaginative play.
Thank you for your amazing games and activities, but most importantly thank you for sharing your love of Jesus with our kids.