What will our improved and extended building enable us to do that we can’t do now?
- Provide access to the church building for those with limited mobility.
- Provide a safe, functional and well located kitchen for easy catering for light meals.
- Run meetings in a room designed for 30 without interruption.
- Avoid regular power outages due to circuits being overloaded.
- Invite friends without having to be self conscious about the run-down aspects of our building.
- Toddlers can play on equipment while remaining clean and shaded.
- Provide adequate heating and cooling.
And in particular, the new kitchen & community hub will enable us to …
- Host Christianity Explored courses in a welcoming area with access to a kitchen for meals.
- Improve our welcoming to church, by having everyone enter and exit through the same area.
- Enable larger congregations to have morning tea/supper together.
- Enable food to be served direct to the hall.
- Have a regular service which includes a light meal.
- Supervise children in the yard, while having tea/coffee in the community space.
- Serve food to the yard or to the hall without having to carry it from the present kitchen.
- Sit in church without people coming and going through doors at the front of the room.
- Provide afternoon tea for funeral guests in a pleasant area.
- Provide a private and roomy cry-room for carers of new babies.