In March 2018 we are working together with churches from around the Sutherland Shire, and the Illawarra region to put Jesus on the agenda.
Romans 1:16 – I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is God’s power for salvation to everyone who believes.
Here are 5 ways you can be involved…
- Please pray for love for people, for opportunities, for boldness and for clear speaking about Jesus.
- Ask God to bring people to know Jesus.
2. Make some noise
- Wear your Jesus is_____ merchandise
- Use social media – images are on this week’s email
- Link people to www.Jesus-is.org.au
3. Have conversations about Jesus
- Ask: Jesus is _______. What would you put in the blank?
- Listen: …and if given the opportunity…
- Speak: Tell them what you’d put in the blank and be ready with a short reason why.
4. Invite people to events
- Jesus is_____ series through March and over Easter.
- On 17-18 March Chase Kuhn will speak at Sat, Fam & Ev Church.
Jesus is worth exploring – with Richard Chin
- Wednesday 21 March
- Dinner – 7-9pm. $20.
- Lunch (@ Gymea Anglican) – 12-2pm. $20 (or 2 for $30)
- Book tickets for both these events at firstname.lastname@example.org
Women’s Bible study hot cross bun event
- Tuesday 20 March, 7:30pm. Cost $10.
- Talk by Leah Gorring – Jesus is worth exploring.
- Info and bookings – email@example.com
Combined Youth Event – with Craig Hamilton
- Friday 23 March, 7-9pm
Christianity Explored Course
- Starts Wednesday 28 March, 7:30-9:00pm
5. Work with a team from Moore College
From 17-25 March we will be joined by a team of 20 people from Moore College. They are coming to help us in our mission. The team will be led by Chase Kuhn, and shared between Jannali, Sutherland, Gymea and Sylvania Anglican Churches.
The team will be flat out preaching in our churches and mid week activities, handing out gospels at stations, visiting homes where people have ‘just moved’, speaking to people at aged care facilities, running primary school SRE Easter assemblies, meeting people at Sutherland Farmers Market, doorknocking Sylvania Waters and generally having as many conversations about Jesus as they can.
There are a few specific ways you could work with the team…
- Just Moved. Come and join the team from 3-5pm on Sunday 18 March to visit (in pairs) houses that were recently sold. Let Andrew Barry know if you can come – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Billet a student. Sutherland Church are arranging billeting, but they need a few extra hosts. Please contact Mel to find out more, or to offer to have a student stay at your home for the week – email@example.com
- Feed a student. We are responsible to feed the team for Tuesday lunch and dinner. If you can help with lunch catering, or host a student in your home for dinner, please let Mel know – firstname.lastname@example.org