Over the next 2 months we are working hard to have conversations about Jesus using the Jesus is_____ campaign.
We are already preaching, praying, promoting (via shirts etc), practicing our opening lines and looking for opportunities for conversations about Jesus.
There are 5 other initiatives that we hope will help us to both start and follow up on conversations….
1. A Regional Mission – We’re doing it with about 60 other Anglican churches and organisations across the Shire, Illawarra, Shoalhaven, Southern Highlands and Macarthur areas. In our local area we are working closely with the churches at Sutherland, Gymea and Sylvania.
2. Social Media – In mid February www.jesusis.org.au will be relaunched to align with our campaign. It has short posts that we can share on social media, linking people to the site.
3. “Jesus is worth exploring” – We have booked Richard Chin (this year’s CMS Summer School speaker) to speak at two “Jesus is worth exploring” invitation events both on Wednesday 21st March. One is a lunch at Gymea (combined with other churches). The other is a dinner just for us and our guests at our church building. Both events will aim to gather people into a Christianity Explored course starting the week after. More information and opportunity to book will come soon – meanwhile start praying for opportunity to invite someone.
4. Combined Youth Event – Our four local churches are holding a combined youth night at our church building on 23 March, where our youth members can bring friends. (There is also a lead up night for regulars on 23 February).
5. Moore College Teams – From 17-25 March we’ll be joined by 20 teams of Moore College students, of which 3 will be based in the Shire. Our local group of 4 churches will share one of these teams. The students will spend a week seeking to have conversations about Jesus.
Please pray for opportunities to have conversations about Jesus, and for God to use each of these initiatives for his glory and people’s salvation.